The marina is sixty-three years old, which would have it making its debut as a waterside gas and ice cream store as early as 1955.
The original marina was owned by the Smith family and the marina went by the name Smith’s Marina and Store.
It’s unclear if there were other owners between the Smith family’s ownership and the Wright family taking it over in 1968 (the year before current owners Shantelle and Yannick Bisson were born)!
The keys are handed over to the lawley family
Art Mohan had the marina under his care before selling it to Gary Murphy. Gary handed over the keys, tradition and history to The Lawley Family in 1992.
Tony and Rhonda Lawley sold the marina to Yannick and Shantelle Bisson
Faithfully sold Chandos Lake cottagers their Kawartha Dairy ice cream cones and serviced and stored their boats until 2018.
Shantelle and Yannick Bisson
In 2018 Shantelle and Yannick Bisson, new to the Chandos Lake community and the cottaging lifestyle, fell hook, line and sinker, and will be opening Shantilly’s Place for her inaugural summer May 17th 2019.
Join Our Newsletter